ACTenviro is a nationally recognized, employee-owned company inv
This position will support operations for ACTEnviro by conducting environmental services and collections while observing safety protocols (proACTive).
Hourly pay: Between $.45 – S.48 per mile while driving and between $20.00 – $23.00 while working, not driving
- Drive a Class A truck/tanker- with Hazmat endorsement
- Processes and consolidated various chemicals including bio-hazardous materials
- Safely transports hazardous materials and chemicals
- Labels and organizes containers in compliance with all regulations
- Inspects hazardous waste storage areas and documentation
- Responds to emergency situations when called upon
- Assists with shipping hazardous waste including biological waste
- Attends and maintains all required training necessary to perform job
- Performs safe work practices involving chemicals, radiological, and bioactive agents
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Ability to driver a class A truck and knowledge of the hazardous waste industry
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background screen, physical, and drug-screen
- A class Haz Mat endorsement preferred or will be a requirement to secure within 3 months upon hiring.
- Have a clean driving record in the past 3 years with at least 3 years of driver experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Successfully completed HAZWOPER 40 hour (must have copies if certified)
ACTenviro is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties of someone in this position would perform. All employees of ACTenviro are expected to perform tasks assigned by ACTenviro management/supervisory personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties
ACTenviro is a nationally recognized, employee-owned company involved in all facets of hazardous waste management. As a single-source provider of hazardous and biological waste management, recycling, disposal, treatment, health and safety, and compliance services, ACT is at the forefront of the renewable energy revolution.
ACTenviro is a Forward-Thinking, Professional Organization with Family Values and Customer Commitment.
Please visit www.actenviro.com to learn more about ACT.